Diploma in Business Administration
* Course prices displayed are for a single semester and exclude functional fees
The Diploma in Business Administration is a two years programme, designed to train high quality lower level cadres in the business environments so as to create a critical mass for sustainability and development of Uganda businesses..
- To introduce the students to business administration principles;
- To equip students with relevant knowledge and skills in business operation and management;
- To provide students with knowledge and skills in book-keeping and financial reporting;
- To enable the students generate business ideas that will enable them exploit the available resources for self-reliance.
By the end of the programme, students will be able to;
- Take up appointments at supervision and managerial levels in production, personnel, finance, general office, industrial relations and research departments;
- Identify the Business Administration principles;
- Demonstrate skills in Business operation and management;
- Demonstrate skills in book-keeping and financial reporting;
- Generate ideas that will enable them exploit the available resources for self-reliance.
- Direct Entry: Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five (5) passes and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes or its Equivalent.
- Mature Age Entry: Mature Age Entrance Examinations Certificate awarded to a person aged at least 25 years and has passed with at least 50% marks. For purposes of admission, the Mature Age Entrance Certificate shall be valid for no more than two years. The mature age entry examinations centre must have been authorized by NCHE
- Certificate Entry: A certificate in any related field of study or its equivalent from a recognized institution,
The National Council shall determine qualifications equivalent to Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) as for Higher Education in consultation with the Uganda National Examinations Board.
Award / Certification
The institution’s Academic Board, upon satisfaction that the standard required under relevant regulations for the award of a Diploma in Business Administration has been attained by the Candidate in the instruction examinations shall be recommended for the award.
Principles of ICT
Business Communication Skills
Principles of Management
Financial accounting II
Entrepreneurship Development & Training
Principles of Auditing
Business Computer Applications
Project Research Proposal
Fundamentals of Cost and Management Accounting
Elements Of Taxation