Certificate in Business Computing
* Course prices displayed are for a single semester and exclude functional fees
The Certificate in Business Computing is a two years program designed to provide students with practical exposure to E-transaction management and applied Web technologies.It introduces students to networking, design, E- Business and E- Commerce Technologies.
- To enable students to assess the impact of electronic businesses on Uganda’s business sector and economy.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills that will enable them to participate in E-business and E-commerce.
- To introduce students to the fundamental concepts in E-Business and E-Commerce technologies.
- To introduce students to the MS office Word so that they are able to make business documents such as brochures, flyers, invitation and greeting cards, business cards, logos.
- To introduce students to the approaches and strategies of managing different business organizations.
By the end of the programme, students will be able to;
- Utilize the E-Business and E-Commerce technologies.
- Assess the impact of electronic businesses on Uganda’s business sector and economy.
- Use MS office Word to make business documents such as brochures, flyers, invitation and greeting cards, business cards, logos.
- Demonstrate competence in E-business and E-commerce.
- Direct Entry: Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five (5) passes and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes or its Equivalent.
- Mature Age Entry: Mature Age Entrance Examinations Certificate awarded to a person aged at least 25 years and has passed with at least 50% marks. For purposes of admission, the Mature Age Entrance Certificate shall be valid for no more than two years. The mature age entry examinations centre must have been authorized by NCHE
- Certificate Entry: A certificate in any related field of study or its equivalent from a recognized institution,
The National Council shall determine qualifications equivalent to Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) as for Higher Education in consultation with the Uganda National Examinations Board.
Award / Certification
The Institution’s Academic Board, upon satisfaction that the standard required under relevant regulations for the award of a Certificate in Business Computing has been attained by the candidate in the instruction examinations shall be recommended for the award.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Years
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Information Communication Technology
Fundamentals of Economics
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
Fundamentals of Business Administration
Desktop Publishing and Editing
General Principles of Law
Business Communication Skills
Introduction to Computer Networks
Elements of Business Finance
E-Business and Website Designing
Introduction to Computerized Accounting
Essentials of Entrepreneurship